Caring & progressive educator needed – private educator Miami Beach
A flexible, kind-hearted family in Miami Beach, FL is seeking a Montessori-focused, proactive private educator for their three children, aged 3, 7, and 6 years old!
This family has fostered a fun-loving, laid-back environment in their home. They are very goal-oriented when it comes to their children’s growth and education, while valuing the creativity and process of the journey. The family is eager to return to a hands-on, remote-less learning environment in the next school year and look forward to welcoming a private educator into their home to do so!
The ideal candidate for this position will be passionate about providing a flexible, hands-on learning experience for the children; experience working in a homeschooling environment and with multiple age groups is essential. The younger children have thrived with a Montessori approach to their education, so training and knowledge in Montessori or progressive education is required. A candidate who can provide and follow consistent structure surrounding weekly and monthly educational goals, while being flexible and creative with implementing teaching materials, will thrive in this role.
This is a full-time, live-out position of 40 hours/week with classroom hours generally falling on Mondays through Fridays from 9am to 3pm. The family is flexible on schedule and happy to discuss a schedule that works best for all parties. Competitive pay and are open to discussing additional benefits including assistance with relocation and healthcare, PTO, and sick days. The position will begin in late August 2020.
This position is open to all candidates who are legally able to work in the US and possess a valid driver’s license and passport. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Manage the children’s studies and provide homework and academic support
- Care for, engage, and be a relatable role model for children
- Develop and implement a Montessori-based/ progressive curriculum
- Collaborate with parents to meet and exceed developmental milestones, educational goals, and grade-level targets, and plan for future development
- Keep the learning areas organized and tidy, and motivate the children to assist in those tasks
- Be open to discovering educational opportunities as your days and weeks unfold
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience working in a homeschool environment preferred
- Experience working with multiple age groups
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred
- Montessori and/or progressive education experience required
- Goal-oriented, creative, and flexible approach to teaching
Job Type: Full-time
For information about other available positions, check out our job board: https://elitenanniesmiami.com/nanny-jobs-in-miami/
Check out our Google Site HERE